Monday, July 1, 2013

#16 BAKE CUPCAKES FROM SCRATCH

This summer I volunteered to make the snacks for the Financial Peace class meeting on Monday nights.  Since this week is the 4th of July, I thought I would chop and stir and bake along that theme!  Here are my four creations... Two fruit bowls, strawberry and blueberries with cream on pound cake crumbles and topped with pound cake star, and chocolate cupcakes with buttercream frosting made from scratch.  I'll have to post that recipe soon - it's the Darn Good Chocolate Cake recipe by the Cake Mix Doctor with the Perfect Buttercream Frosting by Six Sisters Stuff.  I used a neat trick I learned on Pinterest to create the red and blue swirls.  

I hope that everyone enjoys them as much as I enjoyed making them!  Feeding others is my favorite way to serve inside and outside of the church.  I hope that after this summer when school begins that I can still find a way to serve through baking. :)
  

1 comment:

  1. I love it! So festive and fun! I'm giving my go at Fourth of July baking today! Oh and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete