Wednesday, July 10, 2013
#45 FIND SOMETHING NIFTY AT THE THRIFT STORE
Craigslist. It's not a thrift store exactly, but to me, it is like an online thrift store... Just like Goodwill and the Salvation Army, it's secondhand stuff and you have to "dig" through the all the junk to find the treasures. Here are my two latest and perhaps my proudest finds ever on Craigslist:
Two jute rugs! I have had my eye on a new jute rug at Target for month now, but I just couldn't bite the bullet to pay $179 for it, so I have been watching Craigslist. I am glad I waited! The top rug is a 5'x8' in a chevron pattern. I got it for $50 for our living room. The bottomrug is larger - an 8'x10' - and I got it for $30 for our dining room. Brand new, knock-off brand, these rugs probably would have cost over $500. The top one is in brand new condition, and the bottom is in good condition except for one slightly frayed corner (which is hidden by furniture). Anyway, I am glad I paid half as much as what I would have paid at Target and got twice as many for my money!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment