Our tent is steps away from water's edge of a fork of the Guadalupe River! My parents decided to buy a raft for our family, which is awesome for Brent and me because we love to explore new places by boat! This afternoon my parents dropped us off a few miles upstream from our campsite so we could go on a rafting adventure.
Brent is really good at paddling in any direction: forwards, backwards, diagonally.... And I ... well, I am really good at paddling the boat round and round in circles. I got better throughout the day. But what I am really good at is sitting at the front of the boat and sunbathing while Brent paddles. :)
Let's just say I make a better cook than oars(wo)man. Today was my day to cook dinner for the family. This evening we started with jalapeƱo poppers on the grill. That was #8 on my Summer To Do List. :) They are and forever will be one of my favorite tastes of summer time.
Then followed hobo dinners--veggies and meat all wrapped up in aluminum foil. We used summer sausage, potatoes, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and a pat of butter. I was really excited to try them after seeing them in an issue of Martha Stewart's Living magazine last summer. Speaking of, I should renew that subscription. It was a guilty pleasure.
And then we topped it off with a hot, gooey chocolate sheet cake baked in my trusty cast iron skillet. The only thing it lacked was a big scoop of homemade vanilla icecream!
In the evening we have enjoyed playing my new favorite board game- Settlers of Catan- in Mom and Dad's camper. I am such a nerd; I seriously love this game. Brent and I taught Dad how to play. He won't admit it, but he loves it too. Like father, like daughter.
The last two nights I have been crowned Queen of Catan... Or as Mom keeps calling it, the Pirate of Pizazz. Not sure where that came from. :) Tonight is our last night before we head back to the island, but I hope we get to go camping in our tent again soon!







No comments:
Post a Comment