Friday, July 12, 2013

#28 HISTORIC HOMES and #35 HEY MIKEY'S ICE CREAM

Tonight for dinner I made Brent's all-time favorite food: fettuccine alfredo.  I used a recipe from the Pioneer Woman, and like every recipe of hers, it was amazing.  I tossed in shrimp and scallops and added a little extra parmesan cheese.  Because, you know, with that much butter and cream in the alfredo sauce, what's a little extra parm to go on top?  We sat out on the porch and ate pasta to our heart's content.


Feeling full and a little guilty, we thought it'd be a good idea to take a walk through the neighborhood... we are SO lucky to live here in the historic district in Galveston.  Our little place is a bit of an eye sore, but we are surrounded by beautiful houses.  Maybe one day we'll have one of our own.  Here's a few of my favorites... 


After all that walking, our feelings of guilt were forgotten and we found ourselves at Hey Mikey's, a local ice cream shop here on the island.  Mikey makes new flavors of ice cream each week, and tonight I thought I'd be adventurous from my usual strawberry - so I chose Cookie Monster!  And it was blue! 


Tonight was definitely one of those nights that we love being locals here on the island! I wish these summer nights would never end!

No comments:

Post a Comment