Sunday, July 14, 2013

#21, #48, & #49: CANDLELIT BATHS WITH GOOD BOOKS

These three on the list went hand-in-hand.  I've enjoyed many nights getting lost in good books by candle light in a hot bath.  I've read two books so far this summer - The History of Love and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.  Both are historical fictions and have characters who have survived the Holocaust and World War II.  After taking a course in college about Poland - its history before, during, and after WWII - and traveling there for several weeks to see what stands of the ghettos and concentration camps, these types stories really pull on my heart strings.  I loved both books.


I'm currently reading The Princess Bride for a book club that I'm apart of.  Afterwards, I hope to read The Pigeon and His Boy and The Tree Bride before school starts... which is in less than a month!  How is the summer going by so quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment