Tuesday, July 9, 2013

#18 and #19: AN OLD FRIEND AND A NEW FRIEND

This afternoon I got to have lunch and catch up with an old friend I've treasured since I met her at soccer camp the summer before my freshman year of high school.  And she introduced me to a new friend!  Sweet little Ellanora is almost seven months old and is all smiles, just like her mom Amber.   We met at the same taqueria we ate at last time we got together - this time, though, instead of talking about the upcoming school year with teaching, we talked about Amber and her husband's upcoming move to Kenya, where they will be involved in long-term mission work planting new churches.


I am so excited to hear about her upcoming adventures, and I hope that one day Brent and I will be able to visit them!  We love to visit new places and we have been sponsoring a child there, so our reasons to visit Kenya are totaling up.  But it's also a bittersweet knowing that meeting halfway for our lunch dates will soon come to an end.  I have seen God touch so many lives through Amber's contagious smile, overflowing joy, and loyal friendship.  I know that He is going to do amazing things through her and her family working in Kenya!

No comments:

Post a Comment