Thursday, July 18, 2013

#3 VOLUNTEER AT GALVESTON URBAN MINISTRY

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I've been volunteering working with children at Galveston Urban Ministry (G.U.M.) here on the island.  Usually we go to swim lessons on these days but   today was different. We went on a field trip to Galveston Island State Park to learn about animals that live in the salt marsh with from an educator at Sea Camp.  Last time I was on a field trip at the state park, I was the one leading the lesson and had five times as many kids!  Today it was fun to not be science teacher "Mrs. Bond," to just be "Ms. Megan," and to see the joy and excitement of young elementary children to catch crabs and fish.  Today also confirmed that I could never, ever be a kindergarten or first grade teacher.  They are cute, but they are a handful.  I'm just going to leave it at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment