Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend is my first experience being a local in a tourist town over a holiday.  Seawall is absolutely insane--traffic is bumper to bumper with tempers raging hotter than the heat, the grocery store parking lots are dangerous with aggressive minivans looking for parking spots, and when you look out on the beach, you see more tents, bodies, and towels than actual sand.  Tomorrow I think I'll lay out by the apartment pool, and any ventures outside my complex gates will be to harborside.

Brent's ship left again this morning.  For his sake, I hope it's for an extended period of time... the ship needs to be out at sea for him to really learn the things he needs to learn.  But, it's been good to see him in the evenings every few days or so.  Dexter and I really miss him.  It gets really quiet and rather lonely in the evenings.  We can't wait until cruise is over-for-real-over in July and we get to see him every day.  

This morning was also my last day as associate director of student ministry at my church.  The students threw me a going away party in our youth room.  It was really sweet, though I did tell them that it was going to be a little strange to come back to church next Sunday after such a nice going away party.  I hope to still be a member there.  I'm not really sure what's the best decision for us... I love my church family, and I'm not really ready to change churches.  It's really not too far away.  But at the same time, Brent studies on Sundays and it would be easier for him to be a part of a church just a few minutes away on the island, and it'd be a way for us to make good friends here.  I'm praying that God will help us make that decision in the coming months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment