Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Three Favorite Men

Last week my little brother moved into his new house in Dickinson before starting his job this week.  He helped me paint my bedroom and hang my new television and pallets on my living room wall.  Believe it or not, it took an entire afternoon... it's not easy to center and hang level three large pallets that do not have perfect square corners and perfect straight edges while still taking into account the studs in the wall.


If hanging pallets wasn't enough of a home improvement project, my dad also custom built a mantle for above my fireplace, and he hung it for me this weekend when they came to visit.  He also repurposed a piece of left over pallet to make a shelf below my television for my DVD player with Brent.


Brent has been a huge help too whenever he's been in port.  Earlier this month, after a long day of work, he put together my table because I was so eager to take it out of the box since it had been in storage for months.  He helped Dad this weekend hanging the mantle and the DVD shelf, again after a long day of work.  Then last night he helped me hang all the crosses that my youth group girls gave me at my bridal shower.  No matter how big or how small the project, Brent pulls out his big blue tool bag and is ready to get to work.


I feel very blessed to have the brother, the father, and the husband-to-be that I do!  Sometimes they think I'm a little crazy with all these projects I come up with, but they are always eager to help out and make my crazy ideas happen.  My home is coming together one wall, one corner, one room at a time and it's all thanks to these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment