Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cat Naps

I know I am becoming the crazy cat lady when I look through my photos on my phone and most of them are of my cat Dexter. I took this one of him sprawled out across the couch the other day while I was vacuuming the living room. He's got a tough life trying to nap in the sunshine with all that noise around him!


Don't let the orange little fur ball (well, rather large fur ball) fool you. He's a real toot. He can get very jealous of Brent and he lets us know by tearing through the room like a banshee, plowing through anything in his path. He runs his tail through the bedroom blinds if I sleep in too late (as in past 8:00 am) because be is hungry. He cries constantly for me to turn on the sink for him to drink the water...

But I love him anyway. I love waking up with him curled up next to my pillow. I love finding him waiting at the door when I get home.  I love the way he runs with a kink in his tail, and I love that he follows me from room to room as I go about doing chores.  No matter where we have lived, Dexter has made the house feel like home and has brought so much joy to my daily life. He truly is one of God's blessings in my life.

I adopted Dexter from the SPCA in Richardson, Texas, two years ago.  If you think he's cute now, you should have seen him then!  For anyone who is looking for a pet, think adoption first. I couldn't have asked for a better furry friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment