Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Catalina Coast

Brent's ship left again today after coming to port for repairs over the weekend.  The first day away is always a little tough, so to pass the evening I decided I should paint the living room.

4:00 - Recruited my brother Will to help out

4:30 - Arrived at Home Depot; purchased 1 gallon Behr Garden Wall

4:50 - Began painting and decided I didn't really like that color

5:00 - Sent Will back to Home Depot for 1 gallon Behr Blue Cascade

5:20 - Will returned and we began to paint a different wall - totally not the color I wanted

5:30 - Tried tester for Behr Juniper Ash - I liked it.. I looked harder...didn't like it.

5:40 - Will points out there are now four colors on my walls, including the original 

5:45 - Remembered I originally wanted to paint the walls that color of one of Brent's shirts 

5:47 - Remembered Brent took that shirt on cruise

5:50 - Headed to Target.  Bought another of aforementioned shirt 

6:10 - Went to Home Depot one last time and color matched shirt to Behr Catalina Coast

6:12 - Played it safe and only bought a quart

6:30 - Ate a big, juicy cheeseburger with Will before dropping him off at home

9:00 - Andy and Kelsey come for emotional support

11:30 - Almost all edging finished.  Thinking I like it.

11:45 - Calling it a night.


As for Dexter... 

Here he is helping pick out paint samples.  These are hard decisions about our home that he takes very seriously.  French Court or Cascade Blue?  What about Dragonfly? Or a shade of green?



Dexter was pretty worn out after supervising my edged lines all evening.  Below you can see that he's making a real effort to ensure blue paint doesn't get on the curtains we took down to paint around the window.



So, yeah, Catalina Coast.  That's the color of the edges and corners of my living room right now.  It's very blue and very coastal and pretty close to the color of my favorite shirt Brent has.  Now I'm just hoping that I'll like the color as much waking up as I did going to sleep!  Either way, it's back to Home Depot!

No comments:

Post a Comment