Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer Days, Summer Nights

I thought the last day of school would never, ever come.  My first year at KIPP was good... fulfilling... inspiring... exhausting... overwhelming at times... and I am looking forward to next year, but until then, I don't think I've ever been so happy for summer break in my entire life.  Let the summer days and summer nights begin!

There are SO many things that I want to do this summer.  Last summer Brent was on a training cruise, but this summer he's taking summer classes.  I am looking forward to seeing him between classes and after classes and on the weekends, and there's so many things I hope we can do this summer that we weren't able to do last summer.

So here's my list of things to do:
  1. Love, serve, and worship God
  2. Stay up late and sleep in later
  3. Volunteer at Galveston Urban Ministries
  4. Run a half marathon
  5. Eat healthier
  6. Celebrate our six month anniversary!
  7. Go camping on the beach
  8. Grill jalapeno poppers
  9. Gather and type favorite recipes
  10. Spend afternoons in the sand soaking up the sun
  11. Watch the sunset off 8 Mile Road
  12. Go stargazing
  13. Geocaching?
  14. Paint a canvas
  15. Make a Pinterest Project finally!
  16. Bake cupcakes from scratch
  17. Picnic at the beach
  18. Hang out with a new friend
  19. Visit an old friend
  20. Blend late night milkshakes
  21. Take candle lit baths
  22. Catch a baseball game
  23. Go to theatrical performance
  24. Join a nature walk at the state park
  25. Collect treasures from the beach
  26. Make breakfast for dinner
  27. Squeeze lemons for homemade lemonade
  28. Take an evening walk to see historic homes
  29. Celebrate the Fourth of July
  30. Catch up on TV shows
  31. Check out Board Game Island 
  32. Learn new a new vegetarian recipe
  33. Work in the garden
  34. Get a haircut
  35. Try a new flavor of ice cream at Hey Mikey's
  36. Go to a local band's concert
  37. Feed the seagulls
  38. Happy Hour on the pier!
  39. Early morning date to the coffee shop
  40. Take naps with Dexter
  41. Learn to sew - and actually sew something!
  42. Read about and photograph historic Galveston
  43. Go downtown for a date night!
  44. Take a sunset cruise on the ferry
  45. Find something nifty at a thrift store
  46. Try a new local restaurant
  47. Ride our bicycles - all the time
  48. Read a book, cover to cover
  49. Read another book, cover to cover
  50. Write a lesson plan or two... maybe... 

No comments:

Post a Comment