Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Weekend

This has been such a good weekend!  I had to work on Good Friday, but it was just a professional development day to start planning Summer By The Sea.  The Thursday night before several of us girls got together to dye Easter Eggs to decorate our table for Easter lunch!  We stayed up late munching and talking and dying eggs and more munching and more talking.  I love it when we all get together with our husbands, but it's a special time of fellowship when it's just us girls too.   We stayed up a little too late because I wasn't too productive at school the next day, but it was worth it. :)

On Saturday morning I worked out on my little patio garden that I started last summer.  The concrete slab didn't quite extend from one of end of my fence to the other, so I used bricks to line the concrete, pulled the weeds, and added mulch.  The two plants to the far left (I have no idea what they're called - I just liked them!) are ones that I had last year that survived the winter.  The others are all ones that I have acquired this year.  Dexter likes to walk on the bricks and smell the different plants.  His favorite is the basil, which now he now tries to chomp on if I don't keep a close eye on him!


Saturday afternoon I went on a three mile run with Whitney out at Moody Gardens.  We've been brainstorming new places to run other than the Seawall.  The jogging track at Moody Gardens is a grand 3/8 of a mile.  Neither one of us particularly like running in circles, so we veered off on to the "back roads."  It wasn't so scenic and it felt pretty hot after getting used to running in the cool spring evenings.  But we did our three miles.  We're almost ready to start our training program for our half marathon.

Saturday night Brent and I drove up to New Waverly for my cousin Karleigh's wedding.  It was a country-themed wedding out at Flying High Ranch.  Karleigh had cute little touches every where we looked - from the signs we saw coming in to the  bales of hay we sat on for the ceremony.  Dinner was so good - barbeque straight from the smoker outside the reception tent! Brent and I have decided that as much fun as we had at our wedding, we enjoy going to our friends' and family's weddings even more because there's no stress in planning, no all-day jitters, and we get to actually enjoy the food!

Seriously though, it was good to spend time with our family.  Even though they live just up the road, we don't have enough time in our schedules to see everyone as much as we'd like to.  Weddings are the perfect place to get to see everyone at once!  Here's one of my favorite little people, Jacob.  He's my six-year-old second cousin, who really feels more like my nephew.  He calls me Princess and we play games on the iPad together. In other words, we're pretty tight.  He was the sign bearer in our wedding.




This morning we enjoyed Easter service at Coastal Community Church and then had a potluck lunch with our small group friends.  Whitney and I took the dogs for a walk around the neighborhood this afternoon, since Sunday is one of our rest days in our training program. I've been babysitting my mom's German Shepherd this weekend, and I like to pretend she's mine.  This week is going to be a busy week - it's already STAAR testing time for math and reading - and the start of a very busy month!


No comments:

Post a Comment