While there, Brent and I hiked a 6 mile trail through the park. We took my mom's german shepherd, Sheba, along with us. It was one of the happiest days I've had in a long time - time alone with my husband, hours of sunshine and fresh air, no obligations to be anywhere or do anything.
Of course, being the 24/7 working science teacher, I had to take plenty of photos of all the wildlife and collect a few seed samples for my biology unit this week at school. I am so excited to re-live spring break all over again with my students. I think my dream job just might be to work at a state park, wildlife reserve, or a nature center one day.
Brent and I hope to get away for one more camping trip before he leaves on commercial cruise this summer. Since we've gotten married, we've slowly been collecting camping equipment - tents, lanterns, collapsible dishes, grill... the list goes on and on - and trying to learn to pack efficiently and lightly. I think Longhorn Cavern State Park or McKinney Falls State Park is next on our list!
We want to go! Let's plan a camping trip!
ReplyDelete