Sunday, September 16, 2012

Wedding Planning!

The wedding is just a little over three months away and we still have so much to do!  Planning a wedding really is like having a part-time job... I used to think that girls were being a little overdramatic about how overwhelming and how stressful wedding planning can be... I thought all you really had to do was pick a place, pick a dress, pick a cake, and pick flowers, but there's so much more to it than that!The past few weekends have been really productive.

Invitations are just one last approval from being ordered, and I'm excited that we finally found an option that my parents and I are both really happy with and that we can afford.  (You'd be amazed how much paper costs!)  We've been working with local stationary shop called HH Design House here on the island, which is awesome because Brent and I try to support local businesses as often as we can!  Our designer has been great to work with, and she even incorporated our venue's symbol into our invitation.

This afternoon Brent, Will, Abby, and I drove to Briscoe Manor in Richmond for a Grand Tasting event sponsored by our caterer Behind the Bash.  We missed the Grand Tasting at our venue The Parador, but fortunately we were able to come to this one!  It was quite an ordeal - it was basically a reception with food stations featuring all the catering menu options for appetizers, entrees, desserts, and specialty stations, and all the tables and chairs were set up to show you different options for linens, chargers, and centerpieces.  We had an amazing time, and it made me that much more excited to finalize my own linens, centerpieces, and cocktail and reception menus.

Here's us at the Grand Tasting. :) 


We also have started pre-marriage counseling through Coastal Community Church where we've been attending the last several weeks and are hoping to become members soon.  Initially we were a little nervous about pre-marriage counseling because we didn't really know what to expect, but our counselors, Kevin and Jan, are so easy to talk to and have lots of wisdom to share!  We meet at their historic loft home in downtown Galveston and they insist on feeding us every time we come. 

That's the latest on wedding planning!  Somehow it feels as though the wedding is fast approaching, but the last day of the school semester is not- though in reality the last day of the semester comes before our wedding date.  I'm looking forward to having more time to devote to all the little details and counting down the final days!  

No comments:

Post a Comment