These next few weeks will be a bit of a doozie!
By Friday Brent needs to be moved out of his apartment and into the house where he'll live for the last half of the summer and fall semester. He'll also start sleeping aboard the ship he'll take his summer cruise on to earn sea time starting this week, even though they won't leave port until the second week of May.
I leave Friday afternoon to take a group of our high school students to a weekend retreat, and when we come back on Sunday, we have a rehearsal and dinner for our students finishing confirmation classes. Then on Tuesday, May 1, I'll move into my new apartment. I won't begin teaching until the first week of June, but since it's going to be our apartment after we're married, Brent wanted to be a part of moving in and arranging things.
And just to keep things interesting, I have possessions in four different places to move to my apartment -- things in Brent's apartment in Galveston, things in my brother's garage in Dickinson, things in my storage compartment in Alvin, and my pet turtle Torpedo at Meme's house in Pearland. I think I might just rent a moving truck, and we'll make a tour of all four towns to pick everything up in one trip! (How we're going to do that with Brent working and at school every evening, and me out-of-town every weekend, I don't know!)
One day, just one day, we'll hire movers. This is the third move I've helped Brent with, and the second move he's helped me with--making a total of five moves in just two years! As exhausting as it is, though, I am looking forward to being so close to Brent. We've never lived less than an hour's drive away. Just have to make it to the end of June, when he comes home from his summer cruise, and we'll see each other every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment