Will and Abby announced to the family that they will be welcoming their first little one in June! Brent and I are so excited to have another little nephew or our first niece on the way! Brent and I got to go with them to take an announcement photo!
Yesterday we came home and decided it would be a good evening to stay in, snuggle, and decorate for Christmas! I tried a new vegetable soup recipe by Williams and Sonoma - it's definitely a keeper. It's chock-ful of zucchini, tomatoes, onions, and corn, and tasted amazing over fresh baked cornbread.
We ate our dinner by candle light on our coffee table and watched a Christmas movie. When we had eaten to our heart's content, we pulled our Christmas tree and began separating the branches. We set it up on its stand and plugged in the lights... and a strand was out! I'm glad we checked them before wrapping them around the tree!
So at 9:00 p.m. last night we loaded into the car in our matching polar bear pajama pants and favorite fleece jackets and headed to Target for another strand of lights, with a pit stop at Starbucks for a caramel brulee latte along the way. By the way, lattes are my new favorite drink and the most amazing thing I've ever tasted in my life. On our way home we saw a huge drug bust - three blinged out SUV's full of thugs pulled over by five police cars. Just another Saturday night in Galvy.
When we got home we finished decorating the tree and setting out our decorations, and then we snuggled up on the couch with homemade hot chocolate!
I found this recipe for S'Mores Hot Chocolate on Pinterest, and it was very rich and chocolatey. The rims of the mugs were dipped in graham cracker crumbles, the hot chocolate was made with milk and hershey's cocoa, and I topped it off with marshmallows before putting the mugs in the oven on broil. When the marshmallows were toasted, I drizzled on chocolate syrup and sprinkled a few more graham cracker crumbs on top for good measure!
Tonight we're enjoying another night in eating left overs and watching movies on Netflix while we get ready for our work week. My goal is to have all my lesson plans for December written and posted by the end of the evening! Only three more weeks until Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment