I needed this weekend. I needed it more than anything. School has been completely overwhelming this week... last week... almost every week... and the hours that I've been working have been horrendous. I have managed a smile every morning walking in my classroom door at 6:30 a.m. but I've lived for 6:00 p.m. every day, even though the evenings have held at least a couple more hours of readjusting plans, grading papers, and prepping for labs. When I walked in the door on Friday evening, I gave Brent a big hug and was determined to savor every moment of freedom I had with him this weekend. And I did.
This weekend we ate all of our favorite comfort foods together - bacon burritos, bacon wrapped shrimp, bacon cheeseburgers, triple meat pizza, and fried chicken with mashed potatoes - by candle light. We cuddled on the couch, and we stayed up late in bed talking until we fell asleep. We laughed. We vented. We cried. Well, I cried. And we prayed. And we focused on the blessings we have in life now, and we hoped for even brighter days ahead.
We ended this weekend with a run this evening in our neighborhood. Brent got his first pair of real running shoes, and we were eager to enjoy the cooler weather after a stormy last few days.
Tonight we're at our favorite coffee shop playing catch up on school. All I can think about, though, is how much I love my husband, more than words can express, how I can't thank God enough for him, and what a joy it has been to reconnect on a deeper level these last few days. It is such a comfort to me to think that no matter how school goes this week for both of us, we're in this together.
![]() |
| Brent's new Saucony tennis shoes, 4 miles old |

No comments:
Post a Comment