Saturday, January 12, 2013

They Lived Happily Ever After...

And then they went back to work!  It still feels like our wedding two weeks ago and our honeymoon last week were just dreams.  Really amazing dreams.  Dreams I still can't believe actually came true.  Our wedding at the Parador and our honeymoon in Costa Rica was everything we hoped it would be, and we are so excited to see photos!  Until then, we are enjoying married life, getting settled back into our little apartment, and getting back into a routine with school and work.

After moving Brent in, my... I mean "our"... apartment is the messiest I have ever seen it!   It's 650 square feet: one bedroom, one closet, one bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room, but we are determined that that is plenty of space for two people and that we'd rather save our money than have the second bedroom in a larger apartment.  Some people think we're crazy, but so far we're enjoying the challenge of finding creative ways to use all of our space and we're looking forward to saving and one day enjoying that couple extra hundred dollars a month.

Changing her last name is an adjustment for any woman, but perhaps even more so for a teacher--I hear my name approximately every five to ten seconds in my classroom.  To help students remember my new last name, I hung a cute sign that Abby made me over my Smartboard.


It's so much fun being a teacher with a cool last name!  Most of the boys immediately connected it to James Bond, since a new James Bond movie called Skyfall came out last November.  The girls?  Clueless.  But that's okay.  Maybe one day they'll get it.

Brent is working at the warehouse today, and my goal is to find places for our new wedding gifts and surprise him with a clean apartment when he comes home.  It seems like the wifely thing to do.  :) That being said, I probably ought to get started.  

No comments:

Post a Comment